Posted by on September 10, 2021 8:01 am
Tags:
Categories: News

Wright-Patterson Air Force Base Given All-Clear After Reports of Active Shooter

Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio was placed under lockdown for more than four hours on Thursday night following reports of an active shooter. As of 2:00 a.m. local time, the base has been given the all-clear, according to a Facebook post from the 88th Air Base Wing’s Facebook page. Col. Patrick Miller, Installation Commander at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base said no threat had been identified. Speaking at a press conference on Thursday evening, Miller noted that the incident began when two people approached the security desk and reported hearing one gunshot. The commander said it is not clear what led to the individuals believing they heard a gunshot and emphasized that there were no casualties. He noted that improvements in procedures and communications after a 2018 false alarm incident on the base had helped with communications with regards to the latest incident, and said it had influenced the response. Emergency responders arrived at the base …

Originally appeared on The Epoch Times

Read More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.